Saturday, May 16, 2015

Praise Report: The Arrival of the Butterfly, Seeking Support



Every year we take an adventure to Franklin Park Conservatory.
It has L-O-N-G been a favorite destination. 
This year on Mother's Day was palpably poignant. 

The butterflies have returned.
So much symbolism there.
From the depth of the dark chrysalis to the winged flight.
Faith. Hope. Trust. 
The unknown phase is where the faith journey begins. 
We had such an incredible romp through the beauty. 

I LUV'd seeing our WonderPeeps "share" their butterflies with other, younger children.
Trusting. Trusting. Trusting. 
Growing maturity. 
Hallelujah! 



It's been a CRA-CRA-CRAZY, Busy Glorious week!!!! 
These pictures are for you mom! 

We have been having such a great time together.
Mr. Long Lashes made ME the treasure box in Sunday School. 
We've been romping about the neighborhood! 
So exciting to see the new birthday-bikes in action! 



And there have been trips to parks! 
Near and farther: tree climbing and monkey barring:



                                         

Today we spent a rainy Saturday at a children's science museum. 
The intention was to return to roller skating,
but alas the rink was closed?!?! 
Thank goodness Sarah knows all of the child-friendly sites. 
This was a first for me. 

My favorite was this heat-seeking map. 
YUP. Looks like a rainbow-within-reach to me! 
That's three generations of good-looking-gals!



We were even able to get all 6 of us into one rainbow! 







I had two school visits in person this week here in Ohio,
and one via SKYPE back to FL.
That's a lot of delight to juggle.

There are so many blessings. 
So much to rejoice over and praise! 

I finally got to visit my Lamaze-friend-Betsy, 
in THEIR home. 
Our babies are 31. You do the math. 
How do I not have a picture of our reunion? 
Sometimes you just soak up time in your heart! 

Such a treasure to have a dear friend listen. 
I'm quite sure the visitor is to bring flowers, 
but my hostess sent me home with an arrangement.
Again. You do the math. 
There are angels in our midst.

Sarah appreciates the flowers, Betsy! 

That's the way of Lamaze buddies: listen-to-the-challenges. 
Listen with an open-heart. 

The truth of the matter? 
There are challenges at hand. 
On a daily basis. 
Reality is settling in. 
Change is a part of the calendar. 
Children are resilient in the end.
In the mean-time? 
 Adjustment. Confusion. Sorrow. Challenge. 

Your prayer support means the world to all of us. 
There have been any number of times when it is your prayers
that have kept me putting one foot in front of the other!

In our unexpected financial crush..... 
Our daughter Sarah had HUGE tidal waves of support 
for her initial efforts with her Younique business. 
Hallelujah indeed.
In the dead of winter your support was astounding!  
Her story is "on-going" in nature and she is searching for continued support: 
friends willing to host a cyber party for Younique cosmetics. 
If you're willing, it would mean the world to me. 
Just reach out and let me know. 
This week or next month. 

I have just opened a Younique party myself. 
You can order your goodies thru me
which supports her!



Our greatest 'influx' of new $$ has come through our distribution of Wobble Seats
This week was phenomenal on that front!
Every time you order from our website, 
some new $$ is generated
and we thank the heavens. 

This week has had numerous orders and NUMEROUS inquiries! 
Thank you angels. 
Hallelujah! 

This month promises to be my biggest on TeachersPayTeachers
I have the two digital download end-of-year songs
perfect for your concluding programs. 
Self-esteem tears of growth, or patriotism? 



Yes. Every extra five dollars is reason to celebrate. 
I have had 19 digital downloads and the month is hardly half over. 
I realize that number (19) is ludicrous small to the BIG sellers, 
but to me it is nothing short of God's manna from heaven.  

I thank you in advance!

***This week I got the contract for the US Army series of presentations in the Washington DC area just before Labor Day. 
If you want to get in on that tour, 
just let me know! 
How about launching your school year 
with an author/illustrator visit?
Our brown-eyed daughter is so thrilled that we're coming to her neck of the woods! 
HALLELUJAH!

***I also have a mini Ohio tour unfolding for November!
Where are my Buckeyes that need an author-visit? 

Let me conclude right now with my memory verse of late: 

"Vengeance is mine says the Lord." ~~ Romans 12:19

I've added a new memory verse: 

"For it is indeed just of God to repay with affliction those who afflict you and to give relief to the afflicted." ~~ 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7

Or here's another suitable verse to consider: 
"Thus I will punish the world for its evil, 
And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud, 
And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless."
~~ Isaiah 13:11

Or something especially pithy? 
"Assuredly, the evil man will not go unpunished, 
But the descendants of the righteous will be delivered." ~~ Proverbs 11:21


It is during seasons like this,
and I have outlived earlier such seasons..... 
that I turn to the ancient scriptures for insight and
"BLESSED ASSURANCE." 
{Please start singing that hymn here.} 

Just as the caterpillar goes into the darkened cocoon, 
so we await the emergence to a brighter day. 

In the meantime? 
We rejoice during this our time of austerity.
We are told to rejoice in all circumstances:
"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:2-5
over the joy of the playground park, butterflies,
 your prayers and other heavenly gifts. 

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." ~~ 1 Peter 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...