Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Early Childhood Activities Linky

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Early Childhood Activities Linky at RainbowsWithinReach (Dozens of Ideas!)
Artwork source: from TeacherAtlas

There are articles worth 're-running' and this is one of my favorites! 

May our world make progress on the significant issues around race, peace and acceptance. I truly believe that it ALL begins with the children. Make every day one filled with opportunities for all. Your words contribute to a planet where we grow beyond tolerance and reach for the significant *D*R*E*A*M* together.

Kindergarten Heart Weavings for RainbowsWithinReach

"I have a DREAM." ~~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 


Looking for a delightful 'process-oriented' creative project to make the connection between dreams and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr? Here's a delightful 'dream catcher' idea created by kindergarten students in FL in anticipation of my author/illustrator school visit to their midst. Of course this simple craft would also be perfect as a Valentine's 'gift' or exchange as well. 


Dream Catchers for Martin Luther King, Jr. Observance via RainbowsWithinReach

How to Create a Dream Catcher with Kinder Kids via RainbowsWithinReach

Each child was given two pipe cleaners, which they twisted together to create a 'heart' foundation for their weaving. They then tie on the yarn color of their choice and began wrapping it around the pipe cleaner foundation. From their the happy weaving process can be directed as desired by each student. The only limitation is the amount of yarn and time available. 


"Dream Catchers" Woven with Kinder-Luv as Gifts for Debbie Clement of RainbowsWithinReach

****BY THE WAY! These beauties were created under Caitlin's direction. 
Are you following her blog, Kindergarten Smiles? 

My signature song, "You're Wonderful" is full of affirmation. In each of six verses the same six vocabulary words are revisited: 
  • Wonderful
  • Marvelous
  • Beautiful
  • Magical
  • Curiosity
  • Dreams 
Here's a YouTube video performance by a select group of preschoolers and their ECE college companions.


"You're Wonderful" Dream Catchers via RainbowsWithinReach

I have a FREEBIE download of a whole page of 'dream' quotations that I've gathered over the years. You can access it from a Google Doc under my Freebie tab up above. It's #10 on the list. 

Teacher Inspiration via RainbowsWithinReach


BUMPER STICKERS CREATED for MLK OBSERVANCE 



I am 'recycling' this post from a couple of years back. 
At that time, I created a MLK Linky. 
I have 're-opened' the linky so that others can add their ideas now in real time. 

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blog Linky Resources hosted by RainbowsWithinReach

I would ask that you use this graphic in your article with a link back here to me (etiquette, ya know?) 
It would be very nice if you could visit one of the other posts and leave them a comment. 
Bloggers LUV comments -- but I don't need to tell you that! 
You are welcome to 'host' this linky, by transporting the html into your article. 


I would be especially pleased if you'd pin from this article. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Debbie for hosting this great link up---What a great place to find wonderful MLK resources!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...