Thursday, March 1, 2012

Independence in Children's Artwork

It's March 1st!!! Happy new month, spring is just around the corner!!!
That means its my turn to welcome the new month at our collaborative blog PreK+K Sharing!!!

Last month I wrote an article about 'process and product' in children's Art for my February contribution over there. The response to the initial article was AMAZING and passionate, sometimes loud and outspoken.

Then I continued the conversation created from the comments left on the article there to my blog here -- where yet more insight and reaction was shared in this article. The topic evolved here to focus on the concept of adults who 'fix' children's artwork. YE GADS!!! [Were ya able to follow any of that?] Even adults who 'do' children's artwork. YUCK 'N YE GADS!!!!

So now, it's back over to continue the conversation at PreK+K Sharing!! Here's a 'taste-test' of what the article over there will be  addressing today.


These are some really significant issues.
Is it just a matter that we 'sit on our own  hands' and allow children to do their own work?

What's your two cents?
I'm really looking foward to hearing from you!
Pop over to PreK+K Sharing today to get 'the rest of the story.'




**If you're intrigued with Fine Arts as they relate to Fine Motor, or Fine Motor as it leads to Fine Arts...... you'll be delighted to discover my now 'on-going' series.
I'm calling it Fine Motor Friday.
Click here to see all of those articles.

The series is proving to be my most-popular series of all time!
YEAH!!!! I'm figuring out how to contribute!

-- Debbie --

2 comments:

  1. I think it depends. What is the lesson? To explore and create a icecream cone in your own unique way. But the flipside could be a lesson about recognizing that all objects can be simplified to shapes and colors in which case a lack of direction could miss the lesson all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm just now finding your comments these months later. I appreciate your insight. Since the children in this story are only two years old -- I think it is mostly about their exploration in their own unique way. Certainly as children mature there are many subtle variations on what the lessons are sculpted to strengthen.

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...