Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dr. Seuss Bulletin Board: Process + Product!


It's time for Seuss Celebrations!!!
Near and far. Here and there. I see Seuss things everywhere.

It's that time of year again!!! All things striped and rhyming are decorating classrooms round the country! Here's a photo of a bulletin board in a program I visited a couple years back during one of my earlier Author-in-the-Schools visits. LUV LUV LUV LUV it!


Awesome "process-for-product" resulting in a collaborative display for their hallway bulletin board. Just exactly what I've addressed so often in other articles and issues here on my blog, as well as in my contribution to our collaborative blog over at PreK + K Sharing. It is indeed possible to engage in 'process' and end up with 'product' all the while respecting the child's own unique efforts.

How do we allow children the opportunity to create within the confines of an expected outcome? Behold one more idea. Let them create/cut their OWN stripes. Let them assemble their own stripes. Let them be in charge of their stripes! Dr. Seuss would be proud. Again, with the paper plates! Look at those INDIVIDUAL faces!

Look at the details. Do you see the 'springs' they have each created? Those too are unique!!! As is each child.

Speaking of PreK + K Sharing. Our article today is by Laura and its a round up of all things 'round the
blog-o-sphere on Seuss!!! Click right here to get to her list of tons of ideas appropriate for your center, school or library. I know you'll be happy for the research she's done on your behalf.

All hearts return to the simple picture books of our childhood.

PreK + K Sharing

-- Debbie --

**If you somehow missed my 'rant' about IP: Intellectual Property yesterday,
I have a whole interesting portion regarding
Dr. Seuss and the making of teacher lessons for re-sale.
Scroll down, or click here.


It's so exciting to be coordinating this post with a Network of Kid's Bloggers from around the world. I can bring you a glorious BlogHop of all 'things' Seuss. 
The delightful thumbnail images always show up in Chrome format. Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas 
Ready. Set. Read!
Reading Confetti 
Montessori Tidbits
Make, Do & Friend 
Putti Prapancha 
Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Living at the Whitehead's Zoo 
Mama Mia's Heart2Heart
Living Montessori Now
Kindergarten for Teachers and Parents
Toddler Approved 

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Cute blog and darling cat in the hats. I bet you sing a lot in your classroom...your kids are lucky. I teach first in CA -- come on over and visit my blog sometime. I'd love to hear from you.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you out here in the biggo-bloggo-sphere, Vicky. Actually all I do in classrooms is sing..... well and photograph what's been going on prior to my arrival and as I get ready to sing. LOL. I'm more or a 'visiting-classroom-type' as I take my songs to new places all the time. LUV the title of your blog! Will have to hop over to meet you on your territory!

      Debbie

      Delete
    2. This was my quote to honour Dr Seuss http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/quotation-spot.html

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...