Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Delayed Gratification!











Spring and seed planting on the window ledge go back a l-o-n-g way. I honestly believe I remember such a project from my own personal kindergarten experience. The dashing in on a daily basis to see if there's any activity in the pot with my name proudly announced in masking tape. There was a pretty wide diversity of activity in these tiny gardens. Such lessons from real life. We all mature at our own speeds. Come on Mr. Seedling, you can do it!!

According to Dr. Pam Schiller, the number one predictor of success in school & life for a preschooler? The child who can delay their gratification. Gardens take time. Dr. Pam is smiling this spring.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This teaches kids so much, about life, nature, needing to take time.

    Arts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of our children are a very long distance from our natural world. There should be bean sprouts on every window ledge across the country.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...