Monday, March 7, 2011

Mirth & More @ Maryland




That first picture above is such a fascination to me. What you see are four different versions of the same image: all 'impresions of my book, "You're Wonderful!" First there's the original quilt in the young girl's hands that I designed and sewed from fabric, the printed version on paper -- in the actual book in the boy's hands. Then there's a pixel-ated version on the computer screen of the laptop from a digital capture and the fourth version is the one projected from the laptop onto the SmartBoard. I wish that the projected version was captured more clearly in the photograph..... but you get the idea. Hmmmm. Does the photograph of the whole configuration make it officially a fifth version?



I love getting to come to kindergarten for their 100 day party as their guest author/illustrator. We always sing my song "100 Days" that I wrote & recorded specifically for just such an occasion. We channel our inner Elvis and count by 5's for the chorus, which is always the favorite part of the song. "One hundred days, one hundred days: we've been learning, one hundred days!"  This little dittie of mine is from my fifth recording, 'Debbie's Ditties 5: Jump, Jam, Jive!'


Here's the art that's out in the hallway to announce the amazing day. These were done at home, under the supervision of the parents watchful eyes and counting direction.

I'm guessing that there was a lot of parent interaction on the sketch of the building. The marshmallow clumps look amazingly like the reality. Pretty monochromatic & a tad bit bleak.




Love me some kindergartners. Love me some kindergarten teachers! Love me some Artist-in-the-Schools hug time. Till next year!


While I was out in the hallway taking pictures of art I just had to capture this one of the older students tessellations. It would be the perfect project to create after singing my "Pattern Song."



Editor's Note: A year later, a new celebration of the 100th day. A year later, we have the tidal wave of Pinterest!!! I've pinned these images so maybe you 'found' me as a result.

Here are the links to a mini-series on 100th Day ideas from 2012.


Here's the link to my Pinterest collection of all things 100 DAYS!
***By the way, I have a song by that name, written just for this monumental occasion.
It's on my fifth CD: "Debbie's Ditties 5: Jump, Jam, Jive"


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...