Monday, August 9, 2010

House 10




More progress on the final illustation for my upcoming picture book. I asked my mom to do some research for me & track down the firestation in New York that was so completely involved in the 9-11 story. She turned the assignment over to a cyber-buddy, but in any case together they were able to find the info I was seeking. It was "House 10" that was directly across from the twin towers. They lost 6 of their number in the rescue efforts as well as their entire building and machinery. So I have a little 'ode to House 10' continuing to take shape. The initial truck now has a companion and is settled in a building, surrounded by flags, dalmations, boots and other firehouse details. It's nearly, nearly complete. I still want to assemble another couple of fire fighters to complete the scene. Ever closer, ever closer.

At this very minute we are headed to Chicago, specifically to Concordia University. I am doing that 'amazing' concept of blogging at 70 mph, heading down the highway!! My laptop connected to Allen's phone, plugged into the cigarette lighter/aux power. Whooot! Whooot!! We remembered all of the various wires to make it happen. Today is Allen's actual birthday as certified by the state of Ohio. Of course we had our own celebration last night, on the day that his mom claimed was his arrival-to-earth date. He found out on his 16th birthday, that apparently she had remembered the date slightly askew. The good news in that is we continue to celebrate both days: the one his mom remembered & the one the state has deemed to be true. Happy day, honey!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...