Friday, July 9, 2010

Biking Further Every Day!





Last summer I rode a total of 827 miles on my bicycle over the course of the season. This summer I have needed to start all the way over with my cycling. My first trip this year was a total of 7.5 miles. That included a stop at "Base Camp" the coffee shop for delicious quiche, half way thru. LOL. It took a goodly portion of the morning. On the flatest strip of road available -- back & forth on Spring Street..... from the library to Base Camp and back and forth.

After a few days I was up to ten miles in a trip, always with a rest stop, either back here at home base or at Base Camp. Then it was twelve, then thirteen for several days, on to sixteen and then nineteen after a few more trips in the teens. I started this week able to ride 20.2 miles in one morning -- before noon!! Then the rain came and a couple of days reprieve. Then back to a dozen at a time.

Today. Drumroll. Today I rode up the hill past the old buffalo farm (now I really sound like an old timer! LOL. There are no bison this year, only corn in the field) and on to County Q. From there I went on to Northshore Bay: LAKE MICHIGAN!! A first for this season. Behold the catch of the day!! I am so excited to think that my stamina is building. Oh happy day. Slow but steady.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...