Monday, November 2, 2009

November's Duck Dancing




These beauties were having an early morning cavort in Eagle Harbor, just north of dropping Allen off at the golf course. I am inspired by a photographer known to me as TinyFish, who captures the most majestic pictures of birds on the wing. I am so very challenged when it comes to capturing creatures as they move. The only down-side to my new camera -- which I adore 90% of the time, is that it has no view finder, just the digital screen. For what ever reason, outdoors that makes for a challenge.... especially so on bright days & when the subject is on the move. In any case being diligent & patient is a good proportion of the recipe for my success.

[My grandpa always told me that I was the best of the grand kids at fishing. As an adult I think what he meant by that was that I was the most capable of sitting there for extended periods of time & was capable of not speaking or moving, while we sat with poles in hand. Patience in the making. It certainly wasn't an award I received for ever baiting a hook with a wiggling worm or removing a fish once it was caught or being at all involved in cleaning the fish caught for dinner. LOL. I think I was well behaved and could sit quietly. Admirable traits in a fishing companion.]
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...