Saturday, May 16, 2009

Komen Walk for the Cure




On a highly overcast day, with a forcast calling for 80% liklihood of rain...... I awoke early this morning, before dawn, in the HEAT of excitement & decided to get out of bed and write the names of my BCO buddies on my walk shirt. I remembered to wear my blessing scarf boa and while I was grabbing it, I found my 'head boppers' from my very first walk -- with the MI team, Wings of Hope. If you were to look really closely Allen is wearing his shirt from that event/Detroit -- (as they were out of tshirts when I registered at Macy's, earlier this week.) We headed down town under the gray skies and managed to find a parking spot & walked up to the state building. Our first stop was the survivor palooza, where I received my traditional swag gift bag, our bottles of water and the proverbial banana and string cheese. Then it was off to see the sights.

This was our first walk in Columbus, since our beloved Heather Pick, very young TV 10 newswoman, lost her valiant and public battle to the beast. She left two young daughters to lead the parade. Those wearing the bright pink wigs are doing so particularly in Heather's honor.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...