Wednesday, April 15, 2009

UPCOMING: 10th Annual


I am sometimes the slowest light bulb in the pack...... but it JUST dawned on me that I could use this forum to announce things BEFORE they happen, rather than only using it as a conduit for reporting after the fact. (Duh. Marketing not my middle name Clement??)

This occurred to me because I've been involved with a flurry of emails tying down the details for the upcoming "Sandusky County 10th Annual Storybook Festival." This year, their 10th (!!), is my invitation to take part in all of the festivities as the author/illustrator-on-duty for the day.

The event is scheduled on Saturday, April 25th, from 10:00 a.m. till 2:00 in Fremont Ross High School, Fremont, OH. You'll find me in the school's library.

It is my understanding that there will be numerous exciting things going on beyond my scintillating participation of ongoing performances & book/CD signings. This collaborative adventure is a joint sponsorship of area schools, libraries & child care settings. The goal is to get a FREE book into the hands of every child in attendance.... and is part of the "Month-of-the-Young-Child" fun organized by NAEYC. In the past they've averaged about 2000 in attendance!

In addition I will be performing on Sunday afternoon, April 26th at the Birchard Library in Fremont at 2:00. This performance will be especially unique in that I will be performing with a trained ASL interpreter and the event is especially open to those who may be deaf or have an interest in sign language. I'm excited, how about you?

P.S. There's also an elementary school performance scheduled for Fri, but that's completely hush-hush and my favorite principal has asked that I not say anything, because she wants to surprise her teachers!! (So I sure hope that you can keep a secret. Do you just love what I get to do?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...