Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Day Project: #2




I'm just TOTALLY lovin' this whole idea of a project-a-day. Here's the dresser being re-claimed for yet another life. It started out as my parent's when they were first married -- over fifty years ago. I recieved it as a gift in my single parent/no furniture phase and painted it to go in my single girlie peach bedroom. Then it became Sarah's jr. high set and she adorned it with stickers. Then when Sarah & Scott set up their first house she took it away. Well, we pulled trump cards and snatched it back for this little place of ours.... but it was sadly worn from so much love. I figure in giving it a fresh coat of paint, we have saved the life of another tree. Doing my part to keep it green, folks.

I took it out to our garage yesterday and brought it back in today. TA DA!! Twenty-four hours later and it's got a whole new face lift. Awesome. I'm gonna keep on this plan of a project-a-day. It's such a thrill to get things done in a heart-beat and move on. Besides I have a fun idea for a project for today. It involves my sewing machine, an IKEA shadow-box frame, a UFO (Un-Finished-Object) and my traveling collection of fabrics. Stay tuned for further developments. Why didn't I think of this before?? A project-a-day!! I just love it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...